SEPA and the Sacramento Municipal Utility District will host a free webinar on " Successful Customer Engagement: The Utility as A Solar Advisor for Customers." Patrick McCoy, Solar Retail Strategy Planner for Sacramento Municipal Utility District will share insights on how utilities that engage customers early about their solar options can leverage their unique position as an objective and trusted energy advisor to support solar integration goals, increase customer satisfaction, and optimize grid control.
The webinar aims to improve understanding of:
- How engaging customers early about solar options can benefit the utility, utility customers and solar installers.
- How personalized solar estimates can be generated using customer-specific hourly load data, location and rooftop characteristics; rate data; and locally-installed solar system data.
- How to leverage data about current solar installs to further utility distributed solar goals.
- Moderator: Miriam Makhyoun, Research Manager, SEPA
- Patrick McCoy, Solar Retail Strategy Planner, Sacramento Municipal Utility District Brian Boler, Clean Power Research
This event is free to the public through the U.S. DOE SunShot Incubator Program.