ABOUT VOTE SOLAR
Vote Solar is a non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to bringing solar energy into the mainstream. We are in search of a top-notch Regulatory Director to help design and implement pioneering policies to advance markets for renewable generation (distributed and utility-scale) in the Southeast.
Vote Solar seeks a leader to help pioneer solutions to the next challenges facing sustainable solar market expansion. This senior position entails both thought leadership in designing technical solutions, and effective campaign management in getting those solutions implemented (via regulatory and legislative venues, leveraging the organization’s grassroots and media assets).
We are looking for a leader that can cover the following activities:
· Lead interventions in utility general rate cases and other proceedings to develop solar-friendly tariffs for customer-owned solar. Prepare expert testimony, conduct discovery, and survive cross-examination in pursuit of outcomes that provide fair value for distributed energy resources and help grow solar markets.
· Prepare critical analysis of proposed changes to customer tariffs, net metering programs, and QF rates, as well as utility revenue requirements.
· Play defense and offense, as necessary, to develop and preserve programs that provide fair value for customer-owned distributed energy resources.
· Lead campaigns to implement solar programs (retail and wholesale).
· Provide thought-leadership on regulatory policies that will remove barriers and encourage utilities to incorporate solar (distributed and wholesale) into their portfolios.
· Build and work with coalitions of stakeholders – consumer advocates, energy efficiency proponents, energy storage providers, EV, etc – to pursue win-win strategies.
Location is flexible: preference given for someplace with a good airport in the Southeast. Vote Solar’s Washington DC office is also a possibility.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and relevant writing samples to email@example.com. Please describe your qualifications to perform the activities described above.
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.