Vote Solar is hiring for a Managing Director for our Regulatory Team. This senior-level position will provide visionary external leadership and productive internal management to our team of rate design and grid integration experts.
Vote Solar seeks an ambitious leader and manager to direct Vote Solar’s growing Regulatory Team. This senior position entails thought-leadership in shaping Vote Solar’s regulatory strategy, effective personnel management in getting those solutions implemented (via regulatory venues and national thought leadership forums), and sharing our work and vision with a wide audience. This position will report to the Executive Director and will be part of the Senior Management team. The position will manage Vote Solar’s program areas of 1) net metering and rate design, and 2) integration of high levels of renewable energy on the grid.
We are looking for a leader that can excel at the following:
- Assess the current advocacy landscape and help Vote Solar continuously refine the regulatory strategy of our Net Metering and Rates and Grid Integration teams.
- Manage a team of highly-autonomous regulatory experts, providing them with the support they need to excel. Help the team prioritize opportunities, and effectively collaborate with VS campaign staff to ensure positive outcomes.
- Contribute to Vote Solar organizational leadership as a member of the senior management team.
- Help staff develop compelling collateral to share in thought-leadership forums across the U.S.
- Be Vote Solar’s ambassador: speak at high-level forums, publish in relevant outlets, and be invited to the right meetings.
- Provide thought-leadership on developing regulatory policies that will remove barriers and encourage utilities to incorporate distributed energy resources into their portfolios.
- Build and work with a broad coalition of stakeholders – consumer advocates, energy efficiency proponents, energy storage providers, EV, etc – to coordinate groups around a cohesive regulatory strategy.
This is a senior level position at Vote Solar, with the potential to play a significant role in shaping the future of renewable energy in America.
Please send letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please describe your qualifications to perform the activities described above.
Vote Solar is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.