What do interns with Environment America do? You’ll help us educate and engage citizens on the most critical environmental issues of our time. You’ll help us get our issues into the media, build coalitions, organize events and lobby decision-makers. Ultimately, you’ll help us build the kind of public support it takes to win.
- We're doing our part to stop global warming. We took a big step forward when President Obama directed the EPA to develop standards that would cut carbon pollution from power plants, the nation’s largest contributors to global warming pollution. This historic step won’t be enough to fully solve the problem, but it’ll be an important start. But one of the most powerful special interests in the world—the fossil fuel industry—is standing in the way, at every step. That’s where we come in. We’re working to rally millions of American citizens, along with local elected officials and other powerful voices to back the president’s plan and get it over the finish line.
- We're moving America to 100% renewable energy. We’re working to make pollution-free solar and wind energy the “go-to” options for Americans. And, we’re on our way. We have 200 times more solar and 10 times more wind than 10 years ago. But, that’s not nearly enough to reduce the pollution from fossil fuels and nuclear power. Now, with clean energy like solar on the rise, dirty energy companies are putting up new roadblocks at every turn. That’s why we’re building and mobilizing public support to convince mayors, governors, legislators and members of Congress to make strong commitments to shifting America to clean, renewable energy.
- We're making sure we don't frack our future. Dirty and dangerous fracking is risking our families' health, contaminating our water and turning forests and rural landscapes into industrial zones. We know that this especially destructive method of drilling for gas pollutes our air and contributes significantly to global warming. We’re working to offset the outsized influence of the oil and gas industry and keep our public health, environment and communities protected from fracking’s dangerous impacts.
- We're working to protect our rivers, lakes, and streams. To protect our waterways from pollution and destruction we need to crack down on factory farm pollution, sewage and other threats. And we know it won’t be easy because of big opposition from developers, giant agribusiness and other polluters. We’re working to harness the huge grassroots support for clean water and turn it into the political power we need to have a lasting direct impact on our waterways.
Becoming an Environment America Intern
If you agree that it’s time to solve these big environmental problems, the best thing you can do to get involved is to apply to be an Environment America intern.
We’re looking for students who care deeply about the environment and are ready to make a difference now.
As an intern:
- You’ll learn how to analyze environmental problems, push for smart solutions, and build the public support it takes to win.
- You’ll work side-by-side with one of our advocates, learning the ropes.
- And you'll attend briefings and trainings to learn even more about environmental issues and gain organizing skills.