About the Fellowship Position
Fellows will support CPN’s Solar Co-op Program Manager and implement at least one D.C. solar co-op from start to finish. This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing organization, learn about solar energy, and apply your skills and energy to building the clean energy economy. You will be given a lot of responsibility and make a big impact.
Day to day responsibilities include tracking participants in Salesforce, maintaining content on program websites, drafting materials for use by Program Directors, and planning events and activities with co-op participants. Ideal candidates will be available for 40 hours per week. The Fellow will receive a stipend ($2,000/month), with the possibility of transitioning into a full-time role in the long-term if it’s a good fit and funding is available.
Qualified applicants will have very good attention to detail, the ability to work on multiple projects at a time. Experience in the solar industry, event planning, social media, communications, fundraising, organizing or advocacy work, energy policy and working in Salesforce or other CRM a plus. Experience with public speaking also an asset. We are looking for a candidate that ideally has strong connections and deep roots in D.C.
FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Provide back office support to Solar Co-op Program Manager and state Program Directors.
- Conduct satellite assessments of potential co-op members roofs.
- Set up and maintain co-op sign up pages.
- Update co-op information pages with relevant information.
- Draft documents and materials for use by State Directors, including requests for proposals (RFPs), update emails, and other materials as needed.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries, questions, and concerns of co-op participants.
- Track correspondences with participants in Salesforce.
- Support Solar Co-op Program Manager in invoicing and track payments by installers for concluded contracts.
- Support Solar Co-op Program Manager in collecting and presenting metrics on program progress and successes.
Support ongoing engagement of co-op members beyond co-op conclusion
- Keep co-op members engaged and informed with co-op progress and DC Solar issues generally.
- Plan and implement celebration parties after events and invite elected officials, disseminate pictures, and promote press coverage to build visibility of CPN and state networks.
- Support Solar Co-op Program Manager in providing ongoing technical assistance to co-op members that experience technical difficulties.
- Support Communications Manager in building a database of media/blog/listserv contacts that can be used to recruit participants or for policy outreach.
Support CPN Executive Director in DC related advocacy and public engagement.
- Attend and present at workshops and public events.
- Draft policy documents, external communications.
- Social media and short articles on new developments in D.C. impacting solar.
- Monitor DC solar programs and analyze their effectiveness.
Send cover letter and resume to Anya Schoolman at: email@example.com.