About the Position
- The Director will implement solar co-op programs in D.C. and conduct extensive communications, outreach, press, and trainings around creating an accessible, affordable solar market in the District. We believe in a distributed model of leadership and work to train and empower many local leaders in the District, with the Program Director supporting these efforts. Focus areas include:
- Develop and implement solar co-ops in neighborhoods across the District, working to ensure that all District residents have access to solar
- Develop and Engage a citizen-led board for DC SUN’s programs
- Provide technical assistance to District residents, businesses, and organizations interested in going solar
- Organize annual DC Solar Congress, open to all interested District residents
- Closely follow and contribute to the development of low-income solar programs in the District
- Conduct extensive education and outreach on newly passed community solar regulations
- Develop and implement community solar projects where appropriate
- Provide leadership in DC’s on-going energy policy framework and planning including participate in and support DC PSC 1130 proceeding on the Grid of the Future, implementation of the new “Solar for All” program, micro-grids and resiliency planning.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
- Represent DC SUN at wide variety of stakeholder meetings and community engagement opportunities.
- Develop and implement volunteer engagement program for DC SUN
- Support ongoing fundraising and donor engagement efforts
- Maintain online web infrastructure for the DC SUN website, to include in-depth information on solar basics, as well as serve as an invaluable resource and forum for policy discussions and citizen engagement.
CPN seeks a full-time Director to implement the above work. CPN will provide strategic oversight and support, including supporting the use of our organization-wide Salesforce contact management database and shared materials. The Director will function as part of the CPN team to deploy the solar co-ops. The Director will be responsible for hosting information meetings and meeting with co-op members, including a number of evening meetings.
Qualified applicants will have at least five years work experience, a strong understanding of effective organizing techniques, an ability to develop relationships with community members and organizations, and a strong motivation to help grow this program. Strong writing and verbal presentation skills essential. Interest in working collaboratively in a team environment required. Experience with online CRMs, solar basics, and solar project development a plus.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Emily Stiever at firstname.lastname@example.org.