- IASE director, Ken Zweibel, presented a vision of using solar and wind to
power plug-in hybrids at the World Bank, December 17, 2008. By this
means, the US can prevent a return of high oil prices while eliminating
the carbon dioxide emissions in about 14 Quads of imported oil. View the presentation.
- Ken Zweibel delivered a presentation, "The Birth of Thin Film CdTe and CIGS PV,"
in Rome, Italy after an invitation from the American Embassy science
counselor, Jean Preston. Some interesting data on the presentation was
collected by Matthew Nordan, Lux Research,
on venture capital investments in thin films in the US. Nordan also
conceptualized the structure of venture capital investing as "broken"
for these investments.
Zweibel provided a briefing to Senate staffers on using solar energy to
displace foreign oil and reduce carbon dioxide. View the presentation here. (11/21/2008)
- View the latest press release about IASE from the GWNews Center
- The current issue of Sun & Wind Energy features an article, "Solar Grand Plan: Solar as a Solution" co-authored by Ken Zweibel. Sun & Wind Energy is published quarterly and features articles by industry professionals about Solar Thermal, PV and Wind Energy.
- Ken Zweibel delivered a presentation entitled "How Much Solar Can We Use, How Fast, and at What Cost?" to The National Academy of Sciences. GWNews Center